Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bodily functions...

I've told you about what I've been eating but didn't say what my body is doing (or not doing) on day four since my op. Well, I feel less bloated today which is good because it also means I feel a little more energetic. I still have to be careful though because every so often I come over very lightheaded and 'wobbly'. Also today, although the general tummy pain has subsided, I have new, more intense pain around the port site. This is only mild most of the time but gives me a bit of a 'kick' from time to time. I went with hubby to Tesco (my big day out!) this afternoon and had to stop walking at one point when I got a sudden sharp pain. One of the nurses did say that the pain often gets worse before it gets better so I'm putting it down to that. The only way now, is up.

Oh, and what's my body not doing? Well, I don't want to go into all the gory details, so let's just say I also bought some Lactalose and prune juice.....

If you've had the op and can remember what day four was like for you - post a comment - it would be great to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Theresa! OMG! I've just been through the surgery last Friday - today is day 5! Yesterday was a nightmare, I felt so horrible and had to ask my husband to go to Boot's to get some Senokot or something. I had already had enough prune juice to kill a horse and nothing was happening (other than feeling even more bloated)! I'm slightly better today, and much encouraged by reading your blog! I know it's been a couple years since your surgery, but do you remember having a slightly numb spot around where they put the port and, if so, did that numbness go away after a while?

    I've started a blog as well - thought it would be good to look back on. My husband put me on to yours a day or two ago. It's proving to be a real help, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete