Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Food - nice things!

Hi all. Things are going quite well today. I slept for about 12 hours last night (in between kicking the cats out of the bedroom!) and sweated like a pig! I had orange juice and sieved Actimel for breakfast and mid-morning tea. At lunch time I tried some of my pumpkin soup - it's lovely! Since then, I've been feeling less bloated than yesterday so am making the most of it! I've had half a glass of low-sugar Ribena and some low fat hot chocolate drink made up with half water, half milk (also lovely). I managed to find some children's chewable multivitamin/mineral in Tesco today - these have a lot more 'stuff' in them than the soluble adult's version. I'll have some more soup later, and then I'm going to treat myself - if I don't feel too bloated by then - with custard! This will work well with my diet plan which says I have to consume quite a lot of milk. If I 'eat' everything I'm planning to, I will reach about 650 calories today.

I checked with my nurse before I left the hospital, roughly how many calories I should be consuming per day and she said 1000-1200. The diet plan I've been given is also just a guide so I am dong my best to make this three-week fluids only phase as interesting as possible. I've got loads of different soups - most of them are very 'smooth' but if in doubt I will put them through the sieve before I eat. I've also got all sorts of sugar-free and low-fat drinks - including the hot chocolate I bought today to introduce as much variety and 'niceness' into my diet as I can.

Post a comment to let us know what 'nice' things you have been eating......

No comments:

Post a Comment