Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting plastered

The five wounds I have are all getting itchy, so I decided to take off the dressings today and have a look. The two on the outside are small, neat 1cm cuts. The one in the middle and the one at the top are both also small but appear to have oozed a little - but not recently. The larger one to the left of middle (the port entry) looks about 3-4cm long and a little messy, though again, it does not look to have leaked in the last couple of days at least.

Having a very sensitive skin, there was a lot of redness around the edges of most of the dressings. The itchiness was eased with a gentle wash. I replaced all of the dressings with new, smaller ones so that less of my tummy area is plastered! I have been told that the sutures can come off in about 7-10 days but knowing how long I take to heal it may be a little longer.

I've stopped taking the co-codamol today because the codeine can cause constipation. I have felt some more pain but it's not too bad. I'll try to get some soluble Paracetamol to keep in reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment