Thursday, November 13, 2008

Impatience setting in

Less than 48 hours to go now and impatience is definitely setting in. I’ve become somewhat irritable (oh OK then, more irritable than usual!) in the last day or so. I’m not sure if this is a slow build-up of anxiety in anticipation of the ‘big event’ or if it’s the physical effect of having cut down my food intake so drastically? I’m finding it difficult to work effectively because my mind is on other things. I’ve lain awake for an hour or two each of the last two nights thinking about the surgery, the aftermath, what if this, what if that, how will I cope with x, y and z!

It’s great to read comments from people like Angie (see comment attached to my first ever posting) who are so reassuring and encouraging - it’s a good way of getting your mind off the immediate future and thinking about longer term goals. If you are experiencing pre-op butterflies like me then hopefully this post will also reassure you that’s it’s not just you – it’s normal!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Theresa! Just found your blog-I'm getting banded tomorrow morning, and have never had any kind of surgery in my life, not even a tooth pulled or a filling! so I have mega butterflies..I have half my body weight to lose, so am looking to the long term and trying to focus on that :) thank you for this blog-I'm sure it will be something I come back to a lot post-surgery too! x

    ReplyDelete