Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Planning my hospital visit

At about this time, three days from now, I will have a new friend that I’ve decided to call ‘BandAid’. I’m starting to plan my overnight hospital stay; I’ve got some clean pyjamas ready (!), washed my dressing gown and am thinking about which book to take for reading. It’s an early start, we have to be there at 0720h, but only an hour’s drive. Just heard about Chel, who’s going all the way to Belgium to have her op on Friday – so I guess in that respect I have it easy being only about 30 miles from the hospital. I don't have an exact time for my op yet but I hope it's as early as possible - I just want to get it over with.

I’ve also been thinking ahead a little to the post-operative period and the three weeks of fluids only. I’m not looking forward to that. At all. The pre-op diet is still going OK, but I’m glad I only had to do it during the working week when I am kept very busy. I think I would have struggled if it had been at the weekend when I have more time to think – about food! Talking of which, I'm signing off now to go and microwave myself some more Weight Watchers soup.......

No comments:

Post a Comment