Monday, November 17, 2008

Recovering at home: Day 3

Today, my tummy feels a bit ‘tight’, as though I’d overdone the sit-ups at the gym - I wouldn’t really describe it as ‘pain’ though. The worst thing is bending down, particularly to the left side (where the port is), or sitting up from a lying down position. I got up about 9.30am this morning. I would have slept longer but I’ve had these anti-embolism stockings on for two days now and they needed washing. Hubby washed them for me before he went out for the morning so that meant I had to get up and keep moving around while they were drying on the radiator!

I keep reading on other web sites and in the literature that I have, how lots of people have difficulty belching when they get a band. Not me – I’ve been belching for England! Every time something goes into my mouth, rest assured, about two minutes later, burp!

I still feel bloated and am struggling to get much drink in. I’ll probably consume about 600 calories in total today. I’m not hungry. Tonight I’m going to see if I can blend cooked broccoli and potatoes into a thin enough consistency (if I can drink it through a straw it’s thin enough) to drink as I need some more savoury drinks and something with a bit more oomph in it!

I spent a couple of hours watching TV this morning and dozing off in the chair but otherwise have tried to be a bit more active today. We went for a gentle stroll around the block this afternoon for about 20 minutes which blew some cobwebs away. As you may have deduced, I have also spent quite a bit of time today updating my Blog. I truly hope this is helping people out there to come to a decision, or perhaps it is reassuring? I don’t know. But I do think keeping, what is essentially a diary, is helping me. I know that on good days I’ll be looking back at my Blog and reminding myself of the less good days that have passed and what progress I’ve made.

I’m getting thirsty and am overdue some pain relief. I’ll post again to let you know how my ‘broccoli and potato surprise’ goes…..

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and am loving it so far....my friend is getting the band in a few weeks...and I have been thinking of it as well...you are helping a great bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda and your friend,

    Many thanks for taking the trouble to leave a comment - it's always really nice to get some reassurance that someone is actually reading it! I wish you and your friend all the luck in the world, whatever you decide to do.

    ttfn Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on day 2 recovering at home and your blogs really helping me feel 'normal' in a surreal time in my life so thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa!

    Fantastic - that's exactly what I hoped this blog would do! I wish you all the best in the coming days, weeks and months.

    Trees x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had found your blog earlier .. When I was going through the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete