Monday, November 17, 2008

Recovering from surgery: Day 2

Having slept quite well during my first post-operative night, I dragged myself out of bed on Sunday morning and slowly went through the process of washing, and changing into my day clothes. I enjoyed a first post-band cup of tea (drunk very slowly in tiny sips so that much of it was drunk cold) and enjoyed slowly walking around the room. My pain was similar to yesterday – just mild really. However, I did still feel very drowsy and had a hot head and chest.

I had a number of visitors including the bariatric nurse from Healthier Weight. I was able to ask her a number of questions I’d thought of as I’d gone through the reading material yesterday. For example, people report that the fluid phase gives a dry and ‘furry’ mouth – I asked ‘can I chew sugar-free Orbit gum?’ (or similar). The answer was yes – or even sugar-free Polos (as long as I don’t forget and crunch them instead of sucking!). I also saw Dr Ashton and Dr Favretti. They were pleased to see I was doing well and said the operation had gone exactly as planned. Dr Ashton said he looked forward to seeing me getting thinner over the coming months!

My husband came to collect me at about 10am. We had a little wait for the nurse to discharge me and we then had to collect some co-codamol from the pharmacy. Eventually we set off for home - another phase had begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment