Thursday, November 20, 2008

Spending money and shedding pounds

I weighed in at 18 stone 2 lbs this morning - more than a stone less than when I started the pre-op diet! I expected to lose more weight in the first week or so - this is normal for most people on diets - but the weight loss is nevertheless very encouraging. I've also been shedding lots of pounds of the monetary sort - I spent over £70 on stuff from Weight To Go (the food 'arm' of Healthier Weight):

I bought a pedometer, because once I am fighting fit again I plan on working up to walking 10,000 steps a day. I am not yet sure where I'm going to find the time to do all this walking - but I guess I'll just have to make it a higher priority than all the other 'important' and 'urgent' things in my life!

I also bought some more strawberry shakes. I find these very filling and they will be a welcome drink once I start getting hungry again. I experimented with a new way to make them today - without using the blender. I just added a mixture of milk and water and stirred with a fork until I achieved the right consistency (1 packet made about 400ml). The blender is fine (and quicker, though more washing up!), but it tends to make the shake very bubbly. My stomach has been making enough bubbles of its own in the past few days so I thought I'd try putting less in!

I also bought some packets of the pre-prepared meals and soup. I won't be able to eat any of these until I get to the puree phase, but they look very nice!

I went for a 40 minute walk this morning - and it was probably too much - I was getting quite tired by the end. It was at a slow pace, over a distance I would normally have covered in much less time, but still, it was nice to get some fresh air - before the Arctic weather blows in at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment