Thursday, November 27, 2008

Plodding along....

Plodding along is what I feel I am doing at present. Plodding along slowly until the next big milestone (pureed foods in 9 days time).

For those who read my post yesterday, I am, obviously, still alive after my Weight To Go chick pea dahl experiment. Actually, it turned out to be a spicy vegetable dahl with peas rather than chick peas - but hey, food is food! I emptied the whole pack into the blender, together with loads of vegetable stock. It made up two quite large portions of soup, one of which I had last night. It's very nice, but I warn you, it really is quite spicy. I'm looking forward to the day when I'll be able to eat it as it stands rather than liquidising it.

I had a nice 35 minute walk this morning (about 4000 steps) in a local park. However, when I got back home I found that the 'large' wound was weeping ever so slightly and the steri strips I put on had peeled off. So, I've put some more on - but I hope this wound heals OK and doesn't leave me with a horrible scar. I guess I think, and have done for a number of years, that my body is horrible. I know that the band is a major step to putting this right (particularly in terms of fitness), but I'm a little afraid that losing weight will leave me with a 'tummy apron'. We'll see......

No comments:

Post a Comment