Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wounded and weary

I got out of bed at 7.15am after a solid eight hours sleep, but immediately felt really dizzy and light-headed. I wandered around aimlessly for a while, trying unsuccessfully to focus on something without it moving before my eyes, before I decided it really wasn't a good idea to drive 30 miles to work in Manchester - so I went back to bed! I did manage to summon some clear-headedness after nearly three hours more kip and so worked at home today. I'm on a mission to eat more today because I fear lack of calories (still only 600-ish a day) is probably the cause of my morning experience.

Still, it's not all bad - I had my first proper shower for 10 days today and it was fab! I also removed the last of my dressings. The scar over the port site is about 4cm and is tidy, but there's a little bit of it that doesn't seem fully healed. I sent hubby out for some steri-strips and have put three of those over the wound to keep it 'together' so to speak.

I've had an interesting milk, lemon yoghurt and liquidised melon drink (I've called it 'lemelon'!) and this evening I'm going to experiment with that liquidised chick pea dahl....... If I'm still alive tomorrow I'll let you know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment