Monday, November 24, 2008

New recipe: Fish soup!

Today was my first day back at work post-surgery. It went OK though I felt a bit tired and lost my eating 'rhythm' with the pressure of catching up on work stuff. The result was that even though I started work at 7am, by 5pm I had still only consumed about 300 calories, and not surprisingly, was feeling a bit light headed. I had some already-made homemade soup as soon as I got home but was hungry for more a couple of hours later. I found myself having a sudden craving for cod in parsley sauce! So, I tried a new soup:

One boil-in-the-bag cod in parsley sauce (105 calories)
100ml soya milk (40 calories)
200 ml vegetable stock (10 calories)
One small potato (75 calories)

Boil the potato and boil-in-the-bag cod in the same saucepan (no reason, only it saves on washing up!). Put the cooked potato, cod and sauce, stock and milk in the liquidiser and blend. Sieve into a jug and pour! This makes about 600ml of soup which is two decent portions, with a total calorific value of 230 (or 115 each serving). Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment