Monday, November 10, 2008

I’ve got the shakes….!

My pre-op diet consists of four shakes and two soups per day, plus five portions of fruit and veg. This is all spread out over five ‘meals’ – breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper. I’m fortunate that I’ve been drinking black, sugarless tea and coffee for years so I can drink as much as I like of them without putting any calories into my mouth!

I’ve just had my first ‘shake’ – strawberry flavour. Nice, and very filling, I wasn’t expecting that. It was a bit of a palaver making it – I had to first extricate my antique liquidiser from the back of the cupboard, wash it (not easy when it has some pretty dangerous-looking blades at the bottom, then follow the instructions on how to make my first ‘meal. After adding the powder, ice cubes and water as instructed, I started the liquidiser going and immediately smelt burning! I think this is because you are supposed to set it on low speed until the ice breaks up – but ‘high’ is the only speed my contraption has!

No comments:

Post a Comment