Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another milestone reached!

Today is the first day of my three week pureed foods phase! No more fluids - yippee!

I've been struggling to think of different foods that I can eat during this phase and have got some ideas from the forums. So, I thought it might be useful if I posted details of my daily food intake for the next seven days. It might give you some ideas. I'll post the details in a separate post called Pureed Foods: Day One.

Today, the weather has been absolutely glorious in the north of England. I took the opportunity to go for a lovely walk around the fields and woods a few miles from home. I got back and had a bite to eat and then went to Tesco for a marathon shop. It was a marathon shop because I spent a lot of time browsing around looking for inspiration and ideas on what I can eat over the next three weeks. I came back with loads of weird and wonderful things, including some meringue cases, sugar-free jelly, a couscous snack pot and a tin of chilli beans! I had a look at the pots of hummous but even the low fat ones were very high in calories so I gave them a miss.

By the time I got back from Tesco I had clocked up 9000 steps on my pedometer and was very tired. It wasn't that my legs were aching or anything, just that I felt completely lacking in energy. I clearly needed some food! I came back and had some vegetarian cottage pie then deliberately had a drink to wash it all down to make room for some more food later on! I hasten to add that post-pie, I had still only had 550 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment