Monday, December 1, 2008

Mushy ideas....

Feeling better today though still not 100%. I've had some mashed potato and mashed broccoli in vegetable gravy today. It tasted lovely but despite mashing the over-cooked broccoli for ages, it was difficult to get rid of its natural fibrousness (is that a word?!). I added some protein by mashing the potato in Philadelphia cream cheese and soya milk rather than using margarine. I made enough out of a small portion of broccoli and one medium potato to fill two 7-inch side plates (what I've been told to eat off!). The total calories for these two 'meals' was only 170!

I've been looking at recipes elsewhere on the Internet and found a couple of high protein possibilities for the puree phase: hummous (high in protein and low in fat) and mashed avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment