Friday, December 12, 2008

More thoughts on 'doing' Christmas

I've been thinking more about telling my family about my gastric band surgery. I'm definitely going to do it - at Christmas. I'm not going to tell them all together - I'll talk to them in ones and twos! This is because I cannot face having to tell seven people all at once.

I know I keep going on about this but I really am quite nervous about talking to anyone about it. My husband is still the only person who knows apart from the medical staff. I am not, and never have been, very comfortable about expressing my emotions verbally (perhaps that's why I'm writing a blog - this feels 'safe'). I also have no real idea at how people will react and how it may, or may not, change their perceptions of me. Logically speaking, I should not care what people think of me - I guess I have low self esteem. However, 20+ years of obesity tends to do that to a person!

On the topic of Christmas, I'm staying at my Dad's. It has already occurred to me that I may have to take a suitcase with me! I will need to take my kitchen scales, loads of plastic bottles and tubs to keep food in, packets and tins of soup, my calorie bible, and quite a bit of suitable food etc etc.

Ah well, as my Mum used to say; "tell the truth and shame the Devil!".

No comments:

Post a Comment