Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day fortunes....

I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas!

I started the day about 7.50am. I drank some water and then my husband and I went for an hours walk in Epping Forest. It was really lovely – a bright, crisp morning, not many people about, just a few dog-walkers and committed joggers – who were all very friendly! We got back home a little later than planned so I had to rush around to get ready in time for a 10am church service. This left no time for breakfast so I made do with orange juice and tea. My muesli breakfast didn’t happen until 11.30am. In retrospect, this was actually quite fortuitous because we didn’t have our dinner until about 4pm! For dinner, I ‘measured’ my food onto a 7-inch side plate and then transferred it to a bigger plate and spread it around a bit so my small portions wouldn’t be quite so obvious! I ate a very small piece of salmon (being a veggie, turkey is not my thing!), mixed roasted vegetables (aubergine, courgette, celery, carrot, leeks), two small roast potatoes, one piece of roasted parsnip and a Yorkshire pudding. I also had thin vegetable gravy. It was absolutely gorgeous. Particularly the pudding and parsnips. Despite sticking to my small portions I was stuffed by the time we finished!

About an hour later I had a desert spoonful of trifle – this being my Christmas day treat.

I’m not a big drinker of alcohol so cutting back on wine etc is not really a problem for me. I had a very small glass of champagne – largely to please my hosts! I got half way through it and then disgusted them all by topping it up with sugar-free Ribena!

Later in the evening we ate a light supper of salad and sausage rolls (one cheese and onion roll in my case!). I was very restrained except for finishing it all off with a piece of my Dad''s christmas cake (he made it himself so I wanted to taste it) – it was lovely actually, and I was impressed with his new-found culinary skills.

So, all in all, I ate about 1500 calories on Christmas day, although I walked off about 500 calories in the morning. I'm really quite pleased with the fact that although I went over my normal calorie limit, I didn't competely blow it – I managed to keep some restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment