Monday, December 8, 2008

Hungry today

I don't know whether it all started with the porridge or what.....

I was looking forward to my breakfast of orange juice and porridge (not mixed, ha ha!). However, I took my eye off the microwave for a minute and ended up with a porridge explosion! It took me ages to clean it all up and all I got, in the end, was a tiny bit of edible porridge left for breakfast! Anyway, that was at 8am and by noon I was starving. I ate two soups, one at noon and a second a couple of hours later. But I was still hungry so followed that soon after with a yoghurt.

Getting home from work at 5pm I was still hungry and ate a pot of low fat creamed rice. Only then did I finally feel satisfied! This is a new post-op experience because I haven't really felt any serious hunger at all since before surgery. I don't know whether this is a sign of things to come, or because I had such a meagre breakfast, or maybe I didn't eat enough yesterday. It could simply be that my body was craving carbohydrates - the two soups I had were a bit limp in that respect. Anyway, I've previously posted a couple of times on my concern at not eating enough so I can't have it both ways! Today I topped 900 calories for the first time in weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment