Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Follow up to "What to say when asked?"

I added a post a week or two ago entitled ‘What to Say When Asked’. I just got a really interesting and complementary comment from LondonGuy25, who says:

“I told everyone I had my appendix out. This was fine until someone said to me today "Oh I had that done too, take it easy!" luckily it was via email, so there were no follow-up questions, but I dread to think what I would have had to say in response if it was face to face :) Please please don't stop writing your blog.. I was done exactly 14 days after you, and it is a great help reading it. And I am sure there are loads of others pre and post op who feel the same. Also, has anyone ever said you are a very talented writer? Anyway, enough! byeee x”

Here was my reply: Wow! That's the first time I've heard of a bandit saying they'd had their appendix out! I just said I was having 'minor surgery' (not quite as minor as I'd thought, in hindsight). A few people at work have probed and tried to find out what I had done - but I just said 'I'm not saying'!

Thank you SOooooo much for your kind words on my blog and writing 'talent'. I watch the counter going up every day, so I know there's someone out there reading - but it's not the same as having someone like you actually say you like it, and keep doing it. Thank you VERY much! I will continue to write and I hope it helps you in some small way to deal with the daily ups and downs of being a bandit.

This is so important I'm going to post it, and your comment, as a separate post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment