Friday, December 5, 2008

More about eating 'on the go'

I was doing fine today until this afternoon. I ate some soup at 1pm, during a meeting again (!), but then had continuous meetings at work until I left at 5.15pm. Once home at 6.15pm I then had to have a quick change and go straight out again to help with a children's group I'm involved in once a week. I don't usually get home from that until 8.30pm - so that would have meant I would have gone from 1pm to 8.30pm without eating anything. So, I thought, what can I grab and go? The only thing I could find was two squares of Dairy Milk chocolate! I sucked them slowly, and actually, they did tide me over until I got something 'proper' to eat at about 8.45pm.

Now, I wouldn't normally advocate eating chocolate. BUT, in the first place, the two squares amounted to only 80 calories, and in the second place, I really don't think that not eating anything for nearly 8 hours is very healthy. It's a bit difficult while on the puree phase to find anything that I can 'grab and go'. Once I'm on 'normal' foods, there's no reason why I cannot grab an apple or a banana. But in the meantime, unless I think of anything else, I'm going to keep squares of chocolate for emergencies.

In moderation, of course, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with chocolate. It has sugar, yes, but so does low fat yoghurt. It does have a decent amount of milk, which is a good thing. I also have a theory, that if I can manage to be self-controlled and JUST eat one or two squares of chocolate, I might actually defeat my chocoholicism for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment