Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chocolate temptations

At work today, someone very kindly bought me a large box of 'Celebrations' chocolates for Christmas! I accepted them of course, I couldn't very well say "no thank you, I'm on a diet"! I must confess to feeling a little panicky at first, sitting at my desk staring at a large box of forbidden delights. I didn't really know what to do with them and after an hour or so, of trying my best to ignore them, I succumbed. OK, it wasn't a disaster, I only ate one. I felt a little annoyed with myself after, not because I had 'blown' my daily calorie intake or anything, but just for giving in so easily at the first real temptation.

It makes me wonder how I am going to manage over Christmas and over the next few weeks before I get my first fill. Although I have a band, it is not filled at the moment and I have no restriction. Therefore, my daily eating is being controlled largely by willpower alone - and you've clearly seen from today's slip-up that I do not have much of that. Although I have generally been doing very well, I am nevertheless quite anxious about whether I will be able to hold my nerve and keep going with healthy eating until my first fill.

Anyway, I brought the chocolates home and am going to give them to my husband to hide somewhere! I'll take them to my family when we visit over Christmas and leave them there for others to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment